In the middle of January, I traveled to this city*:
*In case you can’t tell, that’s the St. Louis Arch.
It was beautiful and snowy and freezing!
While in St. Louis, I had the honor of meeting with Bro. Daryle Williams and discussing the InsideOut webzine. I learned a couple things during this meeting:
1. If you ever go to St. Louis, go to the World Evangelism Center. It’s so cool to see the center of our church movement. I especially liked the Wall of Faith were you can see pictures of some of our past and modern day leaders.
2. The Youth Department is by far the most happening department in the building. Or maybe I’m a little biased.
In the midst of brainstorming over this website, we came up with the (maybe crazy?) idea to have a…BLOG. That’s right, we are going to try this whole blogging thing.
So here it is, our first post. Welcome! We’re making history here.
We have several goals for this blog:
1. To blog about everyday life – and living a transformed life in the midst of the everyday-ness of it.
2. To blog about what the Lord is teaching us or challenging us to do.
3. To blog about what is going on in the Youth Division.
4. To hear from YOU. We want you to comment and share your thoughts, share your dreams, share the lessons you are learning, and to join us on this blogging journey.
More than anything, we hope and pray that we will somehow encourage and strengthen you in your walk with Christ.
Maybe we’ll even given away something every once in a while. Like chewing gum. Or a T-shirt.
We hope that you will join us. It’s gonna be fun!
“And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.” 1 John 1:4
P.S. Another first: This Texas girl walking in the St. Louis snow!